Kitchen Steward (Dishwasher) at Pressroom
What You'll Do
A critical member of the team, the Kitchen Steward position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, and cooking utensils, using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary area. The Kitchen Steward may also assist in basic food preparation. Our ideal candidate will be available to work days, nights and/or weekends.
Compensation: $10.00 - $11.00 per hour
- Work with a sense of urgency to keep kitchen moving smoothly.
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes; carry clean dishes to Cook’s line and other proper storage areas.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Notify manager anytime dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Light food prep.
- Other duties as directed.
What You Need to Get the Job Done (Minimum Qualifications)
- Willing to be part of a team.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Time Management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lift and carry heavy kitchen equipment.
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you (Preferred Qualifications)
- Previous experience as a Dishwasher/Kitchen Steward; kitchen experience preferred.
- A get-it-done attitude!
What You'll Love About Us
Great company culture. We foster an inclusive environment where every member of the team is valued and respected.
Work that stays at work. Genuine work/life balance served here.
Employer benefits. Employee Assistance Program, Bicycle Program.
Prepare for the future. 401(k) with company match.
Have a bite with us. Enjoy meals at our concepts at 50% off menu prices (does not include alcohol).
In our commitment to wellness in the community, Ropeswing is proud to offer a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and employees.
*Ropeswing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity. All employment is based on merit, qualification, and business need.*