Line Cook at Louise
What You'll Do
A critical member of our team, our Line Cooks are responsible for serving consistent, high-quality menu items. Our ideal candidate will be available to work days, nights and/or weekends.
Compensation: $11.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Follow a given recipe and quality standard and prepare various food items, including burgers, vegetables, poultry, meats, and seafood for cooking using different methods and kitchen equipment such as oven, broilers, fryers and grills.
- Stock and manage assigned food station(s) and ensure quality of food served
- Physically inspect and see all food sent from the kitchen and make requisitions for food items and supplies that are needed.
- Understand and adhere to company’s policies and processes, cooking methods, standard portion sizes, and kitchen rules and quality standards.
- Ensure sufficient amount of food products are stocked and maintained at line stations to facilitate hitch-free service period.
- Ensure food products are portioned before cooking by following standard portion sizes and recipe that have been specified.
- Ensure work station area, including shelves, tables, grills fryers, pasta, broilers, cookers convection oven, sauté burners, refrigeration equipment, and flat top range are kept cleaned and sanitized always following safety and sanitation policies and processes of the company.
- Keep to proper garnish set up and plate presentation for every dish.
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures.
- Help out in food prep tasks during off-peak periods when needed.
- Ensure proper closure of kitchen by following kitchen stations’ closing checklist; also, help others to close the kitchen.
- Participate in and make suggestions for improvement at employee meetings.
- Carry out other duties assigned by the manager on duty or the kitchen manager.
What You Need to Get the Job Done (Minimum Qualifications)
- 6-12 months of line experience.
- Willing to be part of a team.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Time Management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to lift and carry heavy kitchen equipment.
What Will Make Us REALLY Love you (Preferred Qualifications)
- 1-2 years of formal line experience.
- A get-it-done attitude.
What You'll Love About Us
Great company culture. We foster an inclusive environment where every member of the team is valued and respected.
Work that stays at work. Genuine work/life balance served here.
Employer benefits. Employee Assistance Program, Bicycle Program.
Prepare for the future. 401(k) with company match.
Have a bite with us. Enjoy meals at our concepts at 50% off menu prices (does not include alcohol).
In our commitment to wellness in the community, Ropeswing is proud to offer a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and employees.
*Ropeswing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity. All employment is based on merit, qualification, and business need.*