Sous Chef at Blakest Clubhouse
What You'll Do
Sous Chefs report directly to the Executive Chef and are responsible for planning and directing food preparation. This involves supervising and motivating kitchen staff during the shift, communicating with front of house managers and ensuring a high-quality product. This a salaried, exempt role.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for Full-Time Employees.
- 401k match for Full-Time/Part-Time Employees after 2 months of service (must be 21 years or older).
- Employer paid Short-Term/Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance benefits.
- Paid Time Off + Company Holidays
- Maternity/Paternity Leave + Bereavement Leave
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Employee Assistance Program, Bicycle Share Program.
- 50% discount at Ropeswing establishments for employees and up to 1 guest.
Additional details concerning Benefits/Perks will be provided at time of employment.
- Ensure food quality while conscious of food costs, and seasonal availability.
- Provide kitchen operations guidance when designated by your supervisor to kitchen staff to ensure compliance with Company resource management and speed of service standards.
- Track, record and replenish inventory, utilizing local and national sourcing outlets.
- Safeguard kitchen safety and sanitation management.
- Train staff on menu prep, portion control, and food handling techniques.
- Assist the Executive Chef/Chef Manager in culinary and administrative functions as directed to ensure efficient kitchen operation.
- Communicate with the Front of House Managers.
- Collaborate with the Executive Chef/Chef Manager to create seasonal menus and design new dishes.
- Self-manage. Follow attendance policy, clock in/out appropriately, adhere to dress code, be proactive in accomplishing duties, adhere to Company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Need to Get the Job Done
- A minimum of 5 years line cook experience in a high-volume kitchen.
- Knowledge of inventory tracking and par systems.
- Experience ordering food and supplies.
Employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check.
What Will Make Us Really Love You
- An Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts.
- Made-from-scratch cooking experience.
- Kitchen staff supervision experience.
In our commitment to wellness in the community, Ropeswing is proud to offer a smoke-free environment for all of our guests and employees.
*Ropeswing is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we value diversity. All employment is based on merit, qualification, and business need.*